Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Associations

I'm amazed by how perceptive children are! Kids are such sponges and truly watch everything we do. It wasn't long before Nolan associated things with the people he loves. Being truthful, he associates the remote control and Diet Dr. Pepper to Daddy, the telephone and a bottle of water to Mommy, Diet Coke to Papa, and ice cream and ice cream cones to Mimi. (I don't mind him associating a bottle of water to me, but do I really talk to Aunt Amy and Mimi THAT often?)

Tonight he was able to indulge a bit with Mimi. He loves that Mimi will give him his own ice cream cone! (This started off as Mimi's ice cream cone and quickly became Nolan's.) I'll share with you, Mimi.
Almost gone! (He was already bathed and ready for bed and needed another bath by the time he was finished eating his ice cream!) Mimi and two of her four grandkids. We love Mimi, and she sure loves us, too!