Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Not-so-Great Picture Day

So we had our first in-home photo session about a week ago. The company that took Ella's picture in the hospital called and said that they would come and do a photo session in our home and give us a free 8x10 picture as a thank you for allowing them to take Ella's first baby pictures. Being the frugal one that I am, hey, why not let them come and take pictures of my sweeties and get a freebie out of it? Much less, I was excited that I didn't have to load them up and go anywhere. Sounds perfect, right?

WRONG!!!

Let me start by saying that Ella was such the little flirt. She was a doll pretty much the whole session; we couldn't have asked for anything better from a 2-month-old. Nolan on the other hand was not cooperating at all!!!! I don't know if the fact that a stranger was in his home changed his environment or what, but Nolan was not having anything to do with picture time. We tried just about everything to get him to participate, and he wouldn't have anything to do with it! The photographer that came out was very nice and patient. He told us he had 10 children of his own. Anyone with 10 kids has to be patient, right? Well, Craig and I had had enough of Nolan's charades that morning that we were on the verge of losing it with him and each other! It was time to call it quits for the day and make do with the shots the photographer got.

Boy, I'm glad I snapped this picture before the craziness unfolded and our almost 2-year-old emerged with a mind of his own! As nice as the photographer was, and as much as I do love freebies, we will ALWAYS have professional pictures taken outside of our home from now on!!!

Surely we're not the only ones that in-home photo sessions bring about meltdowns. What a bummer, though. What seemed like the perfect scenario did not work out for our family, at least not at this stage in our lives!

No comments: